Purpose - Your mission
In this lesson, students will be introduced to the concept of energy efficiency assessments of a local (school) issue. Students will use the Planet Watch EVI to explore ideas for a local issue to be investigated. Students will brainstorm ideas about why their school has its current energy efficiency rating.
ACSSU155 ACSHE135 ACSIS139 ACTDIK023
- Use the Planet Watch EVI to explore ideas for a local energy issue to be investigated
- Brainstorm ideas about why their school has its current energy efficiency rating
Evidence of Learning
- Make judgements about the energy efficiency rating of the school based on data
- Identify useful and wasteful ways of using energy in the school
Example Learning Sequence
- Use the Planet Watch EVI to retrieve data on school energy consumption in the past fortnight
- Use the Planet Watch EVI to investigate current consumption trends
- Make judgements about the current energy efficiency in the school
- Identify ways that electrical energy is currently consumed usefully and wastefully
To access these resources, Become a Solar School.