In this lesson, students will develop a research question that focusses on a strategy to reduce energy consumption. Students will brainstorm some ideas about usage behaviours as an impact on energy consumption. They will use these ideas to generate a research question.
ACSSU155 ACSHE135 ACTDIK023
- Brainstorm some ideas about usage behaviours on energy consumption
- Perform a brief energy audit to rank order impacts
- Propose a “what is…” research question for further investigation
Evidence of Learning
- Identify possible impacts on energy consumption in the school
- Propose a research question
Example Learning Sequence
- Discuss structure of research question – What is a research question?
- In groups brainstorm ideas for impacts on energy consumption
- Perform a mini energy audit to form ideas about greatest impacts on energy consumption
- Student groups report findings
- Students pose research question
To access these resources, Become a Solar School.