The carbon cycle
Throughout this lesson series students will be introduced to the carbon cycle. Students will explain this cycle in written form and diagrammatically. Students will require ready access to ICT at a whole-class level.
ACSIS205 ACSIS208 ACSSU189 ACSHE191 ACSHE194 ACSHE230 ACSIS204
- Model the carbon cycle using a diagram.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Draw the carbon cycle.
- Explain the different carbon products present during each phase of the carbon cycle.
- Use chemical reactions to show how carbon products react during photosynthesis and respiration.
Example Learning Sequence
- Discuss and explain the carbon cycle.
- Explain the chemical reactions occurring during photosynthesis and respiration.
- Consider the number of plants required to sustain required oxygen levels for life on Earth (TED talk video).