What's My Carbon Footprint?
Throughout this lesson series students will be introduced to the greenhouse effect. Students will represent and analyse greenhouse gas data to evaluate whether global warming and climate change are occurring in the world. They will then determine their individual carbon footprints and identify ways that they can help to reduce the greenhouse effect. Students will require ready access to ICT at a whole-class, small-group and individual level.
ACSHE191 ACSHE194 ACSHE230 ACSSU189
- Calculate their carbon footprint
- Identify ways in which they can reduce their carbon footprint
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Calculate their carbon footprint accurately
- Use knowledge learnt from the unit to propose ways in which they can reduce their carbon footprint
Example Learning Sequence
- Discuss what is meant by a 'carbon footprint'
- Investigate individual carbon footprints
- Describe methods that could be implemented to reduce carbon footprints
Optional Activity (Mathematics)
- Analysing Greenhouse Gas Data