Lesson 7 & 8
Analysing solar energy data
In this lesson series students will analyse data to investigate relationships between climate, weather patterns and solar cell energy output. They will use the data to formulate an hypothesis about the relationship that can be tested by real-time data collection and analysis. There is an option for a more mathematical approach that addresses maths outcomes.
ACSIS205 ACSIS208 ACSSU190 ACSIS198 ACSHE194 ACSIS200 ACSHE230 ACSIS206 ACSIS203 ACSIS204 ACMSP250 ACMSP248 ACMSP249
- Formulate a hypothesis for the relationship between the climate and solar cell energy output.
- Analyse real-world solar energy data from school solar cells to use as evidence in support of their conclusions.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Formulate a hypothesis relating the climate to solar energy output.
- Analyse real-world solar energy data and present the data in tabulated and graphical forms.
- Use their analysed data to support their conclusions.
Example Learning Sequence
- Analyse solar energy data and report findings.
To access these resources, Become a Solar School.