Making a model of the water cycle
Throughout this lesson series, students will be introduced to different water sources and the different forms that water can take as a solid, liquid or gas. Students will investigate the many ways that water is used. Students will investigate the flow of water through the Water Cycle and will create a model to describe this flow.
ACSHE034 ACSIS037 ACSIS038 ACSIS039 ACSIS041 ACSIS042 ACSSU032 ACTDEK002 ACTDEK004 ACTDEP005 ACTDEP006 ACTDEP007 ACTDEP008 ACTDEP009 ACMMG039 ACMMG042 ACMMG043 ACSIS040
- Review the flow of water though the Water Cycle.
- Make a model of the Water Cycle using given materials.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Draw a diagram showing the Water Cycle.
- Explain what occurs during the Water Cycle using appropriate terminology.
Example Learning Sequence
- Review how water flows through the various parts of the Water Cycle.
- Ask students to draw a diagram of the Water Cycle.
- Ask students to record observations of a model water cycle.
- Make a representation of the water cycle using suitable materials on a paper plate.
To access these resources, Become a Solar School.