Lesson 5 - 6
Explain: Investigating electrical energy and circuits
Throughout this lesson series students will be introduced to the concept of electrical energy and how electrical circuits conduct electricity. Students will create their own electrical circuits and consider how electrical energy is consumed.
ACSHE022 ACSHE098 ACSHE100 ACSIS103 ACSIS104 ACSIS107 ACSIS108 ACSIS110 ACSSU097
- Define electrical energy and an electrical circuit.
- Recognise the need for a complete circuit to allow the flow of electricity.
- Explore the features of electrical devices such as switches and light globes.
- Discuss the use of electricity and the conservation of sources of energy.
- Investigate how electrical energy is generated in Australia and around the world.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Construct an electrical circuit in which a light globe is illuminated.
- Explain how electrical energy flows through a circuit.
Example Learning Sequence
- Introduce (or review) electrical energy and investigate electrical circuits.
- Explore the requirements of an electrical circuit and discuss the findings from an investigation of electrical circuits.
To access these resources, Become a Solar School.