Lesson 7 - 8
Investigating solar energy
Throughout this lesson series students will explore the performance and operation of photovoltaic cells. They will also have the opportunity to explore the use of energy in their own homes as well as the school. Students will require ready access to ICT at a whole-class, small-group and individual level.
ACSHE022 ACSHE098 ACSHE100 ACSIS103 ACSIS104 ACSIS107 ACSIS108 ACSIS110 ACSSU097
- Investigate the use of solar panels to generate electricity.
- Consider whether solar energy is sustainable.
- Explore the factors that influence how efficiently solar panels produce electricity.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Define solar energy.
- Explain how solar panels work to generate electricity.
- Identify factors that impact on the efficiency of solar panels.
Example Learning Sequence
- Introduce solar energy and how it is used to produce electricity.
- Explore the factors that influence the efficiency of solar panels.
To access these resources, Become a Solar School.