Lesson 9 - 10
Make a difference - Energy usage
Throughout this lesson series students will be introduced to the concept of energy usage and ways to reduce energy consumption. They will consider their own energy usage and develop a plan to reduce consumption that can be extended to a make a difference to the global setting.
ACSIS107 ACSIS108 ACSIS110 ACSSU097 ACSHE098 ACSHE022 ACSHE100 ACSIS103 ACSIS104
- Conduct an electrical energy audit of their home activities.
- Consider ways to make changes to reduce their energy consumption.
- Implement a plan to reduce energy consumption.
- Consider ways to make the wider and global community more energy efficient.
- Implement a campaign to influence the energy consumption of the wider community.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Conduct an energy audit of their home activities.
- Devise and implement a plan to reduce energy consumption.
- Extend their personal plan to the wider community to help reduce energy consumption on.
Example Learning Sequence
- Personal energy audit for home activities.
- Devise a plan to reduce energy usage.
- Investigate local council plans to reduce energy consumption and make suggestions for improvements.
- Devise a global plan to reduce energy consumption.
To access these resources, Become a Solar School.