Lesson 1 - 2
Renewable and non-renewable energy
Throughout this lesson series students will be introduced to renewable and non-renewable resources and the implications of their use as a sustainable energy source in Australia.
ACSHE120 ACSSU116 ACSSU117
- Identify resources as renewable or non-renewable.
- Consider the implications of using different sources of energy.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Correctly identify energy sources as renewable or non-renewable.
- Explain implications of different sources of energy for the sustainability of resources.
Example Learning Sequence
- Brainstorm renewable and non-renewable energy sources.
- Classify examples as renewable or non-renewable.
- Identify renewable energy sources for Australia.
- Research advantages and disadvantages of different energy sources.
- Create a PMI table for energy sources.